Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Brother IS Speed Racer!- beat that!

So, pinewood derby rolled around this year- and of course this is a BIG event in the Yost household. My brothers and Dad had been working on the "mok 5" for around three months previous, and I was elected to be in charge of the costumes. They wanted to me to arrange the costumes for our family to be the Racer family from the old kid show, Speed Racer. Now, I had never even seen the show speed racer and regrettably I was not motivated to plan/ prepare the costumes. So, Mom saved the day and somehow we became the Racer family. To my surprise, it was a BLAST! Brick's car tied 2nd place, Topper and I were in charge of managing the "who was up next" list. It was an event to remember!









Also, now I am a big speed racer fan! I saw the movie and am officially in love with speed racer and racer x. If you haven't seen the movie yet- you should! It is SO cute!



CAST:
BRICK as .............. SPEED RACER
ALLIE as ............... TRIXY
MOM as ................ MOM
DAD as ................... POPS
TOPPER as ........... RACER X
TIA as ................... SPARKY
GIR as ................... CHIM CHIM

4 comments:

Kiwi said...

Allie, I'm happy that you've joined the blog world. It's fun to see what's happening with you. ~Kiwi

Mimi said...

I am just too proud! Sniff Sniff. Love, Mom

Susanne said...

Allie, your blog is so cute! I'm so glad you got sucked into blogging along with the rest of us. It's such a fun way to stay in touch. :-)

Who's that Girl said...

Allie your blog rocks and I an so excited to write mine. You inspired me and my sister to start our own. Send you mine later. Bye!!
chia:)