Sunday, April 18, 2010

FINALS!!!!



Alright, one final down 3 more to go! I'm taking 2 tomorrow, and then it will be 1 more to go!! Seriously, whoever thought of finals? That was some kind of sick joke. And because BYU has no spring break... all of us are at the end of our string fishing for energy sources. My main sources of energy/inspiration during finals week... Things helping me make it through :)


1. DIET COKE... yes it is true... I am an addict, just ask any of my closest friends and roommates. But not only does it include caffine, but the cold taste of a fountain diet coke is just pure bliss. And, I come by it honestly, both of my parents are totally Diet Coke lovers.


2. Pandora. This is a new addition to my finals survival guide this year. The BEST pandora channel is the "Hey Soul Sister" channel. Check it out- you won't regret it!
3. Facebook. Maybe this is more of a distraction - but it's the perfect 15 minute break in the library. The best part- at least 3 out of 5 students next to you at the HBLL (Harold B. Lee Library) are on it at the same time. It is the network that connects the campus of BYU.

4. Talking to my Momma on the phone. This woman is awesome- she listens to me vent about how stupid I think my classes are, celebrates when I do well, comforts me when I haven't done quite as well as I wish I would have. Big thank you shout out to momma yost!

5. The knowledge that at least 1 person has done worse than you on the final. Sometimes- just knowing that you are smarter than at least 1 person makes the difference.

6. Beautiful Spring Weather. This year Provo decided to grace BYU students with beautiful flowers, sunshine, and warmth! I can walk home from the library at 11pm wearing rainbows and no jacket! Some may say that this is distracting- but I think it's empowering.

7. Wonderful friends. I have great friends, roommates, classmates, etc who leave me cute messages, send me notes, call me, bring me snacks :) It's the best - not going to lie, I have the best friends in the world.

8. The knowledge that no matter what I will be in California this weekend. Come hell or high water I will be in Sunny, beautiful, Californ - I - A!
9. Smart Popcorn. Gold Fish. M&M's. These three foods pretty much sum up my diet during finals week.

10. Gilmore Girls & Glee. Ultimately time-wasters but wonderful pockets of relief.

So these last days of finals... BRING IT ON!! I plan on acing you all and leaving provo with a BANG!!

1 comment:

Kiwi said...

Good luck on the rest of your finals!